LOS ANGELES, April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — VidAngel, the popular entertainment app making entertainment good for your home, is releasing the official trailer and the first episode of its original scripted series The Chosen—the first-ever multi-season series about the life of Christ—for free in an exclusive pre-release period beginning today. The series is the #1 crowdfunded media project in history, raising over $10 million from more than 16,000 investors who made its creation possible.
“Every time we release content about the show, people ask where they can watch it. So, this time, if people watch our official full-length trailer and get excited, they don’t need to wait. Episode one is free, and if they want to purchase all four episodes in advance of their release on VidAngel in November, they can,” said Dallas Jenkins, Director of The Chosen.
Watch “The Chosen: Episode 1”
- The trailer and Episode 1 are available now at TheChosen.tv
- Episodes 1–4 are available to own now at the TheChosen.tv
Must-Have Media Links
Facts about The Chosen
- In late 2017, The Chosen Productions, partnering with distributor VidAngel, released an 18-minute concept pilot in social media to gauge potential public interest in creating a series called The Chosen, which was ultimately seen by more 20 million people.
- Directed by Dallas Jenkins, “The Chosen” has raised over $10 million in crowdfunding from over 16,000 investors, unseating “Mystery Science Theater 3000” as the #1 crowdfunded film or TV project in history.
- Audiences having been raving about the credits, which are 8-minutes long and list the investors who have backed the project. Click here and look at “B-Roll”
- The first four episodes are available to own now at TheChosen.tv, with the complete first season coming to VidAngel this fall.
VidAngel is the market-leading entertainment app empowering families to filter language, nudity, violence, and other content from movies and TV shows streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO. Available on modern devices such as iOS, Android, ROKU, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV, the app continues to grow in popularity. VidAngel Studios, the company’s original content division, is the leading provider of premium, brand-safe content for the 52 million-strong U.S. values audience.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-chosen1-crowdfunded-media-project-in-historyreleases-official-trailer-and-first-episode-for-free-300833311.html